General Health Links
- PrivateHealth.gov.au This is the official Commonwealth government site to find and compare all private health funds in Australia. Commercial comparison site may not include all funds.
- Australian Health Insurance Association – This link takes you to the online presence of many health funds
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS) – A national complementary therapies association with useful links
- Better Health Channel – The Victorian Health Departments excellent consumer health guide to common condiotns.
- Commonwealth Health Department Links page –
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Healthdirect – a government funded consumer health portal
- Osteoporosis Australia – current thinking on the causes and management of this condition
- Queensland Health Consumer Portal
- How to meditate – this is a simple “how to” guide and video on meditation.
- Therapeutic Goods Administration – the government regulator ensuring the safety of medicines
- Beyond Blue – The national depression initiative
- Glycemic Index – find out which foods affect your insulin and blood sugar
- National Health & Medical Research Council – find the latest guidelines on genetics, research, nutrition and a range of public health issues hereets you find
- Oldways – this site has a great outline of the Mediterranean diet
Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine
- Australian Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA) – Site of Australia’s major professional body with some links of interest